The Newbie Guide to Bikini Hair Removal
The Newbie Guide to Bikini Hair Removal
There is nothing more flattering to a woman’s body than having it flaunted and accented by a bikini. However, there is probably nothing that can ruin this flaunting more than stray bikini hair.
Dealing with these hairs is a straightforward affair. However, it is also a painful one at that. And after suffering though one particularly stressful de-fuzzing session, you will only find yourself at the end of another one in a few weeks or so – depending on how fast you grow hair.
Thankfully, new solutions to this hairy problem are sprouting out all the time. You now have a bevy of depilatory products and treatments that can get rid of unwanted hair more effectively and less painfully. Here are some of the currently available treatments, their pros and cons, and advice on when to use them.
1. Shaving. Shaving is one of the oldest means available to get rid of extra fuzz. Unfortunately, it is also the crudest and has some of the least desirable side effects.
With the help of a good razor, some shaving lubricant, and a steady hand, it shouldn’t be hard to get rid of bikini hair. And if done properly, you should be left with smooth, stubble free skin that is definitely sexy and attractive.
However, with a bad razor, you could suffer cuts, burns, and other skin irritations. You also run the risk of growing thicker stubble owing to the nature of shaving. Aside from that, you could also develop ingrown hair and other inconveniences.
If you are looking for a quick fix to your bikini hair problem, then this is a great solution. If you have the time and the money to go for other treatments – not to mention the stomach for some of the more painful ones – then you should look elsewhere for your bikini hair treatment.
2. Bikini Wax. The bikini wax treatment involves an application of a waxy chemical that hardens upon contact with skin. It then binds with body hair and is lifted using strips. It has the effect of plucking entire regions of its hair.
However, this method is a little painful, and may seem inconvenient to some. But if you compare that pain to its results, then it may well be worth it. Waxed areas won’t grow noticeable hair up to four weeks after the treatment. This is probably one of the most popular treatments around.
You should use this treatment if you are looking for a long term treatment that is effective and does not cause stubble. It also results in a very smooth skin feel after the treatment.
3. Hair Removal Creams and Lotions. You may also opt to use hair removal lotions and creams. These are fast acting agents that help dissolve and/or loosen hair in regions they are applied to. They are usually painless and effective.
The only downside to this treatment is the fact that they could cause allergies. Some agents can cause rashes, irritation, and itching. To avoid this, test the lotion on your elbow skin before going full strength on your bikini area.
If you show signs of irritation, then consult with your dermatologist and/or allergocologist. You may also try other lotions that do not cause this sort of irritation on your skin.
4. Epilators. These devices remove hair by the roots – pretty much like bikini wax treatment. This treatment works very well with stubble and short hair. It also keeps hair off for about a month and a half. This is great news for those looking for long term solutions to their bikini hair problems.
The only downside to this treatment is that it tends to be painful. However, newer treatments of this ilk use a mild skin anesthetic to help keep the pain down. Again, if you have the time and the money to take care of your bikini hair problem, then this is a great option.
In your quest for the perfect bikini line, look to the above-mentioned treatments. Shaving is the quick-fix solution that should come in handy in emergencies. Creams and lotions are great, painless solutions that are short-term in nature. If you are looking for long-term bikini hair treatments, wax and epilatories are the best solution.
- Published On : 2 weeks ago on September 4, 2019
- Author By :
- Last Updated : September 4, 2019 @ 9:47 am
- In The Categories Of : hair line, Health, Natural Treatments
- Tagged With : hair care, hair line, Hair Naturally