Bad Breath Remedy
Summary: Bad breath remedy is as simple as keeping your tongue, teeth, and mouth clean through maintaining proper oral hygiene.
Bad breath is one of the problems by many people of today. In fact, millions of people throughout the world suffer from bad breath. It affects your self confidence and self esteem, as well as your relationship to other people, even to your family and friends.
There are several causes that affect our mouth odor. Bad breath may be due to bad dental hygiene, bacteria in your mouth, infection, drugs, gum disease, heavy metal accumulation, liver disease, smoking, and tooth decay. In addition, it is due to anaerobic bacteria that live within the surface of our tongue and throat and produce foul-smelling compounds when they come in contact with proteins resulting to bad breath. On the other hand, plaque on your tongue can also cause bad breath since this is where bacteria also grow. A lack of vitamin B and/or zinc may also contribute to your bad breath condition.
If you want to know if there is bad breath remedy, fortunately there is. Some of the bad breath remedies are as follows:
* One of the simplest and most basic bad breath remedy is brushing your teeth in the morning, every after meals, and in the evening. When you brush your teeth, brush also your tongue.
* The second bad breath remedy is to wash your tongue with baking soda that is dissolved in warm water to minimize the acidity in your mouth making it less susceptible for bacteria to grow.
* Next is to brush and floss teeth religiously.
* Clean your toothbrush and have it replaced regularly
* Avoid using mouthwashes that contain dyes and alcohol like chlorine dioxide, sodium chlorite, or zinc for they may serve as antibacterial agent, which can control the number of anaerobic bacteria in mouth.
* Herbal breath fresheners like parsley, coriander, basil, rosemary, thyme, cinnamon bark, wintergreen, or clove are best in the production of more saliva in your mouth. Just chew any of the above mentioned herbal breath fresheners slowly and you will notice the these herbs allow saliva build up.
* Eating plain yogurt for a period of six weeks can sweeten your breath for it reduces the levels of unpleasant compounds produced by bacteria.
* You may rinse your mouth with a glass of water mixed with lemon juice before sleeping.
* Drink plenty of water everyday
* See your periodontist about gum and teeth problems that might be the cause of your bad breath
Maintaining proper oral hygiene is the best bad breath remedy. If you keep your teeth, tongue, and mouth clean you will not suffer bad breath problems. Use proper brushing techniques and choose the right toothbrush that does not have too soft or too hard bristles.